General Terms and Conditions for Online Sales from PaulNicklen.com
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU FINALIZE YOUR PURCHASE – BY PLACING YOUR ORDER YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU’VE READ AND AGREED TO THESE GENERAL TERMS.
1. All references to “Seller” in this document will refer to “Paul Nicklen Photography, Inc.,” a Canadian professional corporation, whether or not it performs any or all of the scope hereunder. All references to “Buyer” shall include the entity placing the order in addition to its subsidiaries, parents, and affiliates, if any. Buyer and Seller may be referred to as a “Party” and collectively as “Parties.”
2. These General Terms and Conditions for Online Sales from PaulNicklen.com (hereinafter, “General Terms”) apply to all orders and purchases you place through the online store featured on PaulNicklen.com (hereinafter, the “Website”). These General Terms shall prevail over any inconsistent terms or conditions except for the terms of delivery which are detailed elsewhere on this Website and/or the order-placing interface. Unless as previously noted, there are no terms, conditions, understandings, or agreements other than those stated herein. These Terms are binding on the Parties, their successors, heirs, and permitted assigns. No alteration or modification of these or other Terms shall be permitted or will result as a result of the Seller’s shipment of goods following placement of Buyer’s order.
3. Prices on Seller website, catalogs or in Seller quotes are subject to change without notice, and all such prices expire and become invalid if not accepted within 30 calendar days from the date of issue, unless otherwise noted by Seller in writing. Price extensions if made are for Buyer’s convenience only, and they, as well as any mathematical, stenographic or clerical errors, are not binding on Seller. Prices shown do not include any sales, excise, or other governmental tax or charge payable by Seller to any federal, state or local authority. Any taxes now or hereafter imposed upon sales or shipments will be added to the purchase price, and Buyer shall reimburse Seller for any such tax or provide Seller with an acceptable tax exemption certificate. All prices and other terms provided to Buyer shall be kept confidential except to the extent a Party is required by law to disclose the same.
4. Seller shall not be liable for delay or default in delivery resulting from any cause beyond Seller’s reasonable control, including, but not limited to, governmental action, strikes or other labor troubles, fire, damage or destruction of goods, wars (declared or undeclared), acts of terrorism, manufacturers’ shortages, availability or timeliness of transportation, materials, fuels, or supplies, and acts of God (each a “Force Majeure Event”). Upon the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event: (a) the time for Seller’s performance shall be extended reasonably and the Parties shall adjust all affected dates accordingly; (b) the purchase price shall be adjusted for any increased costs to Seller resulting from such Force Majeure Event; and (c) Buyer shall not be entitled to any other remedy.
5. Seller does not provide any warranty for the goods it supplies hereunder. Notwithstanding this As-Is limitation, Seller shall pass through to Buyer any transferable manufacturer’s standard warranties with respect to goods purchased hereunder. BUYER AND PERSONS CLAIMING THROUGH BUYER SHALL SEEK RECOURSE EXCLUSIVELY FROM MANUFACTURERS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DEFECTS IN OR FAILURES OF GOODS, AND THIS SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE RECOURSE OF BUYER AND PERSONS CLAIMING THROUGH BUYER FOR DEFECTIVE GOODS, WHETHER THE CLAIM OF BUYER OR THE PERSON CLAIMING THROUGH BUYER SHALL SOUND IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, PURSUANT TO STATUTE, OR FOR NEGLIGENCE. BUYER SHALL PASS THESE TERMS TO SUBSEQUENT BUYERS AND USERS OF GOODS. SELLER EXCLUDES AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SELLER ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SELLER’S INTERPRETATION OF PLANS OR SPECIFICATIONS PROVIDED BY BUYER, AND BUYER’S ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF GOODS SUPPLIED HEREUNDER SHALL BE PREMISED ON FINAL APPROVAL BY BUYER OR BY BUYER’S RELIANCE ON ARCHITECTS, ENGINEERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES RATHER THAN ON SELLER’S INTERPRETATION. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, INDEMNITY, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF THE PERFORMANCE OR BREACH OF THESE TERMS, SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR (a) ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES SUCH AS LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR DELAY DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR CAUSED BY SELLER’S BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, (b) ANY CLAIM THAT PROPERLY IS A CLAIM AGAINST THE MANUFACTURER, OR (c) ANY AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT PAID TO SELLER FOR GOODS FURNISHED TO BUYER WHICH ARE THE SUBJECT OF SUCH CLAIM(S). ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE YEAR OF ACCRUAL OF A CAUSE OF ACTION.
6. Buyer shall indemnify, defend, and hold Seller its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all costs (including attorneys’ and accountants’ fees and expenses), liabilities and damages resulting from or related to any third party (including Buyer’s employees) claim, complaint and/or judgment arising from Buyer’s use of any goods furnished hereunder, as well as any negligent, intentional, or tortious act or omission of Buyer or any material breach by Buyer of these Terms.
7. Buyer assumes all responsibility and costs of shipping and delivery of Buyer’s purchase. In the event that terms governing the receipt of goods damaged in transit are not contemplated elsewhere on this Website (including third party sales portals), the following will apply: All claims for shortage of goods or for loss or damage to goods as to which Seller has the risk of loss shall be waived unless Buyer, within 7 calendar days after receipt of the short or damaged shipment, gives Seller written notice explicitly and fully describing the alleged shortage or damage and delivering sufficient photographic evidence of the claimed shortage or damage.
8. Any change in product specifications, quantities, destinations, shipping schedules, or any other aspect of the scope of goods must be agreed to in writing by Seller, and may result in a price and delivery adjustment by Seller. No credit for goods returned by Buyer shall be given without Seller’s written authorization. All returns are subject to a restocking charge.
9. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, including elsewhere on this Website or a third party sales portal, payment terms are net 30 days from delivery, payable in United States of America (“U.S.”) dollars. Seller expressly reserves its right to file liens if payment is not received for its materials and expressly disclaims any waiver of lien rights language which may be contained in any future agreements between the Parties hereto. Seller reserves all rights to invoice and be paid for materials provided to Buyer and any terms contained in any of Buyer’s purchase orders or other documents that purport to limit in any way the time or manner within which Seller may invoice are hereby waived by Buyer.
10. Buyer shall not export or re-export, directly or indirectly, all or any part of the goods or related technology obtained from Seller under these Terms except in accordance with applicable export laws and regulations of the nation of the shipment’s origin. Further, a Buyer outside of the nation of origin, whether company or citizen, shall similarly limit any export or re-export activity to that which would be deemed compliant with pertinent export laws and regulations.
11. Buyer shall pay Seller all costs and expenses of collection, suit, or other legal action brought as a result of the commercial relationship between them, including, but not limited to, all actual attorneys’ and paralegals’ fees, and collection costs, incurred pre-suit, through trial, on appeal, and in any administrative or bankruptcy proceedings. Any cause of action that Seller has against Buyer may be assigned without Buyer’s consent to an entity of Seller’s choosing.
12. All disputes arising under this agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws. The parties to this agreement will submit all disputes arising under this agreement to arbitration in New York City, New York before a single arbitrator of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The arbitrator shall be selected by application of the rules of the AAA, or by mutual agreement of the parties, except that such arbitrator shall be an attorney admitted to practice law New York. No party to this agreement will challenge the jurisdiction or venue provisions as provided in this section. No party to this agreement will challenge the jurisdiction or venue provisions as provided in this section. Nothing contained herein shall prevent the party from obtaining an injunction.
13. If Buyer fails to comply with these Terms, Seller may terminate or restrict any order immediately upon notice to Buyer. Buyer and Seller are the only intended beneficiaries of this document, and there are no third party beneficiaries.
14. The invalidity or unenforceability of all or part of these Terms will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other terms. The parties agree to replace any void or unenforceable term with a new term that achieves substantially the same practical and economic effect and is valid and enforceable.
15. The following provisions shall survive termination, cancellation and completed performance of this Agreement as long as necessary to allow the aggrieved party to fully enforce such clauses: 5, 6, 9, 10, 11 and 12.